In order to define the objectives and modalities of collaboration among the CAIE stakeholder organizations, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed on May 30th, 2011 in Vancouver. The MoU was extended in 2016 and it defines the CAIE committees and their respective responsibilities. The CAIE Memorandum is an inclusive tool based on the principles of collaboration and reciprocity.
|Canada-2017||Hélène David, Minister of Higher Education for Quebec, Canada;|
|Ecuador-2015||René Ramírez, Secretary of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Ecuador;|
|Mexico-2013||Jesús Ancer, President, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, (UANL), Mexico;|
|Brazil-2012||Marcial Rubio, President, Pontificia Católica Universidad de Perú, (PUCP), Peru;|
|Canada-2010||Vianne Timmons, President, University of Regina, Canada.|
The Steering Committee is designated by the associated members of the CAIE and is the entity defining its strategic orientations. Its members are:
CBIE / BCIE – Canadian Bureau for International Education, Karen Dalkie, Director of Strategic Development, Canada;
CONAHEC – Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration, Sean Manley-Casimir, Executive Director, United States;
IOHE / OUI – Inter-American Organization for Higher Education, David Julien, Executive Director, Canada;
AMPEI – Asociación Mexicana para la Educación Internacional, América Lizárraga, President, Mexico;
Consortium of the five main universities in Montreal: Concordia University, École de technologie supérieure, McGill University, Université de Montréal, and Université du Québec à Montréal, represented by Francis Brown, Advisor in International Mobility, Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada;
Empresa Pública YACHAY E.P., Jorge Martínez, General Manager, Ecuador;
UANL – Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Daniel González Spencer, Coordinator, CAIE Mexico-2013; General Director of International Relations, Mexico;
Global Affairs Canada: Observer.
- ADRU – Asociación Dominicana de Rectores de Universidades, José Armando Tavares, President, Dominican Republic;
- CIN – Consejo Interuniversitario Nacional, Claudia Legnini, International Affairs Commission, Argentina.
- CRUCH – Consejo de Rectores de las Universidades Chilenas, María Isabel Munita, Executive Director, Chile;
- FAUBAI – Associação Brasileira de Educação Internacional, José Celso Freire Júnior, President, Brazil;
- Féderation de Cégeps, Sylvie Theriault, Director of International Affairs, Canada;
- LASPAU – Academic and Professional Programs for the Americas, Angélica Natera, Executive Director, United States;
- UNICA – Association of Caribbean Universities and Research Institutes, Ambassador Gillian Bristol, Jamaica.
- AIEA – Association of International Education Administrators, Darla Deardoff, Executive Director, United States;
- ANUIES – Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación Superior, Jaime Valls, Executive Director, Mexico;
- ASCUN – Asociación Colombiana de Universidades, Juan Guillermo Hoyos, Coordinator of International Relations, Colombia;
- BCCIE – British Columbia Council for International Education, Randall Martin, Executive Director, Canada;
- CLADEA – Consejo Latinoamericano de Escuelas de Administración, Sergio Cuervo Guzmán, Executive Director, Peru;
- CONARE – Consejo Nacional de Rectores, José Fabio Hernández, Chief, Academic Division, Office of Higher Education Planning, Costa Rica;
- IIE – Institute of International Education, Maria de los Angeles Crummet, Deputy Vice President of Scholar Exchanges, United States.
Reporting to the Steering Committee, the National Committee is comprised of representatives from institutions and organizations of the Conference host country. Its members are:
- Concordia University;
- École de technologie supérieure;
- McGill University;
- Université de Montréal;
- Université du Québec à Montréal.
Francis Brown is the Executive National Coordinator, CAIE Canada-2017 National Committee, Université du Québec à Montréal.
For the 2011-2014 and 2014-2017 periods, the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE) acts as the CAIE Executive Secretariat.
The Executive Secretariat, established in the Université de Montréal, assumes all aspects of the organization of the CAIE, implementing decisions of the Steering Committee and working in close collaboration with the National Committee, Advisory Committee, and Academic Committee.