The Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAIE) is an opportunity for dialogue and exchange that brings together higher education institutions and organizations from all regions across the Americas to discuss topics related to international higher education and internationalization.
CAIE was consolidated after four successful editions: Ecuador-2015, Mexico-2013, Brazil-2012, and Canada-2010. Building on the experience of previous years, the conference’s fifth edition, CAIE Canada-2017, was based on the following objectives:
- Provide an Inter-American space to share paradigms, models and best practices related to issues concerning international education/internationalization that contributes to the quality and innovation of higher education at national, regional and international levels.
- Foster an Inter-American space for dialogue and exchange that encourages the development of networks and promotes new opportunities for strategic alliances as well as enhances partnerships at the bilateral, regional and multilateral levels.
- Contribute to raising awareness among key stakeholders involved in higher education concerning current topics of regional interest related to international education/internationalization.
- Provide an Inter-American space to discuss policies, approaches, perspectives, trends and challenges affecting higher education across the Americas from a North-South and South-South perspective.
- Participate in the definition of guidelines and recommendations concerning the internationalization of higher education aimed at international organizations and national, regional and international forums.
- Provide a venue where the international community can meet with a broad inter-American constituency on a consistent schedule in alternating locations across the Americas, timed to the extent possible in cooperation with other conferences or meetings for national and regional organizations.
The dynamic inter-American community that has built the foundations of this innovative initiative is comprised of Government leaders, university presidents and other senior administrative faculty, academics and researchers, directors of international relations and university organizations at national, regional, inter-American and international levels, totaling:
- 4 570 Participants
- 30 Member Associations of CAIE
- 1 049 Speakers
- 286 Academic Activities
- 1 664 Institutions and organizations per edition
- 57 Countries
- 5 Continents